Ingredients· 6 egg yolks· 3/4 cup white sugar· 2/3 cup milk· 1 1/4 cups heavy cream· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract· 1 pound mascarpone cheese· ½ C orange juice· 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies· 2 C sliced strawberries
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- Pour orange juice into a small bowl. Dip ladyfingers in orange juice briefly.
- Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and place strawberries on top. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.
Stuffed Zucchini (I didn’t add bread crumbs)
· 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese3 zucchini· 1 pound pork sausage· 1 cup dry bread crumbs· 1 clove garlic, minced1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce· 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Trim stems from zucchini and slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and put in bowl. Mix seeds with sausage, garlic, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Stuff squash with sausage mixture and place in 9x13 inch baking pan. Pour sauce over squash and cover pan with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until sausage is cooked. Remove foil and cover with mozzarella cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.